
Maybe I should change my blog signature to "Ray the Unemployed Archaeologist". As of June 22, I became unemployed again in my career. Its an experience that I dont really enjoy or want to repeat (unless its on my terms). The upper managment at my former firm used the justification of not enough current backlogged work to justify my position. That's what happens when the principals at your firm dont value this specialized service and work to develop other market bases outside of the housing/commercial sector.
I'll take my time and explore my options for other gainful employment here in the Commonwealth of Virginia. My wife has been extemely supportive and we have a great church family that has been supportive as well.
I may have to consider leaving the consulting world and enter the state or federal beauracracy. It's considerably less money but it does have far greater long term job security (I hope).
I'll keep my eyes open to another opportunity in CRM, and my heart open to what God will tell me. Maybe, God will lead me on a totally new career path. That's a scarry thought to me. I've been fortunate to spend my adult life at a career that I totally enjoy and completely love. I can't see myself doing much of anything else. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself. We'll see what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment